Re: [Fwd: Neck brace]

To: "Joey Jarosz" <joey@hotngui.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Neck brace]
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:35:26 -0800
On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 06:16 , Joey Jarosz wrote:

>> Oh, sure, that's what I thought they were intended for - that's what I
>> mean't by "crash/whiplash".  The original poster was talking about
>> using
>> one for autocross to help keep his head aligned during transitions - I
>> don't think they fit tightly enough to really prevent that.
>
> Well, I've won a donut with a full face helmet when go-kart racing and
> it
> definitely feels like it adds some support. I'm not talking about
> keeping my
> head completely still, but preventing the radical snapping that I seem
> get sometimes. Obviously, without a full face helmet the donut would
> have no
> effect on a forward jerking of my head.
>
> thanx,
> joey

What the hell are you driving?  Or is this at Candlestick?  ;)

There won't be enough people who use a neck brace for autocross to give
you useful responses.  (That may answer your question right there.)  Ask
if one of the kart or roadrace guys has one you can borrow to try out.
It doesn't seem helpful to me, you'd be better off going to a lighter
openface helmet.

It could also be worth asking what you are looking at on course.  If
you're not looking downcourse enough you may be trying to focus on cones
that are too close to you to be useful.

KeS