[Fwd: Neck brace]

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Neck brace]
From: Joey Jarosz <joey@hotngui.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:44:12 -0800
Attempt number 2... (I hate Netscape)

At  the risk of starting yet another endless thread, I have another
question.

I have been thinking about using one of those "donut" or "horseshoe"
style neck braces. I am finding that now that I have a 6-point
harness my body no longer bounces around the passenger compartment --
instead now my neck gets a workout.

I currently use an open face helmet from Simpson (its about 3/4 face)
because its easier with my eyeglasses. I have heard that you
NEED a full face in order for a "donut" brace to work correctly. I am
willing to change helmets and to get a new set of eyeglass frames if
I have to save my neck, but would rather spend the money someone else if
I could. (my current helmet is SA2000 rated so I can't justify
an upgrade).

So, who among you uses a neck brace with an open face helmet?

thanx,
joey (2001 Slush Series Novice 1 Champion) jarosz

--

Joey Jarosz
hot-n-GUI, Inc.