RE: Thanks

To: Bay Area Autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thanks
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:32:44 -0700
> I like tech on grid (saves me stress)

Yeah, I like it as well, and we never had a group held up due to tech issues
(except for teching some naughty late-to-grid people).

The way Ben and I did it, was to tech group 1 and group 5 our selves.  Next,
people who signed up to tech for a group actually teched the next group as
they arrived on the other grid during the current group's runs.  Ug, that
sounds like a mess, and I'm not sure how to describe it better...so let me
actually type it out:

Group 1, teched by chairs before event start (during course walk).
Group 2, teched by group 1 techs during group 1's runs.
Group 3, teched by group 2 techs during group 2's runs.
Group 4, teched by group 3 techs during group 3's runs.

Group 4 techs, don't need any, go do something useful like work the course.

Group 5, teched by chairs during mid-day course walk.
Group 6, teched by group 5 techs during group 5's runs.
Group 7, teched by group 6 techs during group 6's runs.
Group 8, teched by group 7 techs during group 7's runs.

Group 8 techs, don't need any, go do something useful like work the course.

> Plus, it meant that even
> those who ran in the morning got to enjoy some fun runs. That was the idea
> of three runs, right?

Yup, exactly.  The question though, is weather people (the morning people
especially) would prefer 4 runs for every compeditor, or 3 runs for every
compeditor plus some fun runs just for those want them (if time allows)?
Personally, I prefer the latter, but I would like to also hear what other
people are thinking.

-Carl