Re: great course

To: "Dennis & Sherry Armstrong" <Miata@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: great course
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:04:00 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis & Sherry Armstrong <Miata@pacbell.net>
To: Benjamin R. Martinez <brmcapri@usa.net>
Cc: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 7:48 AM

> Yes I very much agree
> It was a very fun course, One that would make John Kelly proud. I loved
not
> having to go down to first gear for a change. I think Mark should design
all

> of our courses from now on.

I had a lot of fun on Mark's course, but I did use first gear in a couple of
spots.  I noticed that on the first turnaround, and that one sharp
left-hander before the "esses" that I was bogging on the exit.  But it's
different strokes for different folks.  If I were on taller tires, I'd
probably have used first more than I did :)

>  Mark & Kevin should now be referred to as the Dynamic Duo. They did a
> great job organizing the event. I never realized how good of a public
> speaker
> Kevin was.

I agree.  Their job was probably made easier by the fact that this is the
smallest turnout we've had at CandleCom this year, but the event went quite
well, IMO.  Oh, and when did you folks wind up?

> On a sad note, We had many site abusers. They were reminded many times.
> but we still had people tearing out & speeding. I don't know what we
should
> do about this. There is something about this site that attracts this type
of

> behavior in people. Maybe we could pay someone to sit at the gate with a
> camera & note pad, And take pictures & write down license plate numbers.
> Maybe it could be part of the work duties that we rotate. NO MORE
> WARNINGS!!! They should all know by now.

What I think should be done is, we keep a list of names of those who abuse
our sites (would take a lot of work, but with a license plate we can match
the car to the driver by checking through the cards) and BAN THEM
PERMANTLY!!  I am aware that some of the knuckle-draggers doing burnouts in
the lot aren't entered in the event and we can't do anything about them, but
as for the rest, we need to let them know we aren't fooling around.  3Com
isn't my favorite place to autocross, but I'd sure hate to lose the site (as
would many others, I'm sure).

My 1/50th of a dollar,

Scot
'91 CS Miata