RE: finding parts

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: finding parts
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:07:20 -0600
I've got to second the "I have better luck at NAPA" comment.  While the
AutoZone's, and
Checkers of the world provide benefit, if you really need someone that is going
to find the
part (especially when you don't have year and model) then the NAPA or "mom and
pop" auto
parts store is the place to be.

I have been very lucky ... my local NAPA store has Margaret ... Margaret was
the ASE
counterperson of the year in 2000.  This gal is a "mature" woman, who grew up
on a farm,
still lives on a farm, and has been behind that counter for 20 years.  She's
forgotten more
about parts than most of us know.  If I need a can of brake cleaner I'll run to
the corner
store, if I need real parts, I check with Margaret.

Larry Hoy
Plan on attending the 49th Annual Glenwood Rallye
http://mgcc.org/glenwood2001/main.htm