RE: finding parts

To: herbtobin@hotmail.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: finding parts
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:12:51
>From: "Herb Tobin" <herbtobin@hotmail.com>
>To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
>Subject: RE: finding parts
>Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 23:46:27 -0400

  Herb and all,

     Several a couple of years back I was running Bosche platinum plugs
  in my street/autocross TR4. I want to my local AutoZone to get a set.
  Previous ly I had gotten them at a Walmart, in another town. The
  counter idiot said Bosche didn't make Platinum plugs for my Triumph. I
  said the Bosch number was "W7BP" he looked at his computer ans stated
  with authority the Bosche made no such plug. I then asked to speak to
  his manage who basically told me the same thing, only more loudly. I
  asked if he would call his warehouse to see if they could find them
  there. He said no way. If they aren't in the computer they didn't
  exist. Autozone's computer had references to just about any part
  available, and to look further was pointless. Bosche just didn't make
  platinum plugs for my TR4.

    It was at that point I pulled a "W7BP" out of my pocket and shoed it
  to them... Then I left. I haven't been back.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)