Re: Insurance Question

To: favres@engmail.ulinear.com
Subject: Re: Insurance Question
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 01:19:57 -0500
> From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
> Subject: Re: Insurance Question
> I have a feeling that if insurance companies are keeping actuarial data
> on motorsports, they probably lump it all together.  They may keep
> separate data for off-road competition, but I highly doubt any of them
> make any distinction for vintage racing.  They probably do make a
> distinction for pro versus club racing.  Any actuaries out there?

My experience was that on a life policy, they want to know what you do and
price accordingly. My agent told me that the company doing my company policy
has no rate increase for SCCA or vintage racing, since it has a good record
and I do it ony 6-8 times a year. Skiing, skydiving, rock climbing and scuba
are higher risk.
I do have a friend who pays higher rates because he does competition
aerobatics in a Pitts.
Hell, smoking, driving without a seatbelt and many other activites are much
more dangerous!

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
veni, vidi, veloce