Re: Vintage Race Dilemas...

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Race Dilemas...
From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 20:12:56 -0400
MHKitchen@aol.com wrote:

> Simon;
> Agree that the Formula B vs. Formula Ford dilema is a real problem for race
> organizers.  Talk it up among your friends.  The solution is enough cars in
> both groups to establish a decent field.
>
> Also agree that most vintage racers are on a limited budget and can't go to
> every event.  That is also a problem as more events are being promoted each
> year.  There were more than 30 possible venues this year that a west coast
> racer could have done within a 2 day tow.  That's way more than the average
> guy can do (or afford).  I'd like to see the VMC take a more active role in
> coordinating dates and venues to insure that the events are better attended,
> more financially viable, reasonably priced, and subject to more similar rules
> and requirements so you don't have to change tires or other equipment when
> changing clubs.
>
> Every club/organization seems to be looking for their niche in all this, and
> while some have found success, others are still struggling.
>
> I'd encourage some discussion on this topic from those who are interested....
>
> MylesYou are not alone. Here on the east coast we have the same conflicts
problem. We would have gone to Atlanta (SVRA) last weekend but had to go
to VSCCA@Lime Rock(which got cancelled at 11AM Saturday due to the
horrid storm). Same way with Bridgehampton, VSCCA could not get a date
due to conflicts, and next year promises to be even worse. VMC is the
logical solution, now if they can get coordinated. Victory Lane is
looking for all the clubs to send in their '97 schedules, if they get
them soon enough that will help in the planning.