Re: [TR] Theft Prevention

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Theft Prevention
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:03:21 -0700
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> Why not run the 12V line for the coil via the boot and put a toggle
> switch for the coil in the boot?

That's about what I do except instead of interupting the hot side of the
coil it grounds the 'Contact' (distributor) side so it's as if the
points never open.  That way a standard hot wire is ineffective.

That said, I'm probably only fooling myself.  In the one recent LBC
theft I recall the thief took a trailered MG by the simple expedient of
hitching up the trailer and driving off.  One of those 10-second jobs
mentioned.

Geo

===     http://www.vtr.org