[TR] Theft Prevention

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Theft Prevention
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 0:22:31 -0400
I RAN ACCROSS THIS TIP WHILE SEARCH THEFT PREVENTION- AND I THOUGHT IF IT MIGHT
WORK IN OUR CARS- ANY COMMENTS?
Paul

Just a thought for the safety of the car and a little theft prevention.  I am a
Ford salesman and through the years have to explain to many customers about
fuel shut off switches that are installed in all Fords. They work in an
accident situation by popping up mechanically from the force of the impact and
interrupting the fuel pump circuit. Just push the switch down to reset.

     I have one mounted to the firewall because if I ever oops & tag the ditch,
tree, etc. I dont want the electric fuel pump to empty the tank into an
already bad situation.

     For theft prevention a little direct tap from a screwdriver handle and the
carbs/FI will cease to run very soon or until the switch is reset. This is
great because who would be looking for a 1988 - 1998 Ford part stashed above
the relay box and cant be seen. The 19 year old has no idea why the car cant
run long enough to leave the cellar either.

===     http://www.vtr.org