RE: [TR] Theft Prevention

To: "list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Theft Prevention
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:15:13 -0400
On 27 Oct 2006 at 23:44, Randall wrote:

> Guess I'm not following you here, Jim.  What's bad about getting the car back,
> as opposed to not getting the car back ?

If the car is a TR then you probably do want it back.  But if it's
your average commodity Tercel or Accord or Chevy or Ford or whatever
and a chop shop works on it for a day, it will be hacked to pieces,
missing required item, possibly abused inside and out.  You'd be
better off taking a "totalled" payoff and finding something else.  If
it's your average high-end car such as a BMW 700 series or MB C-class
they might not chop it, preferring to sell it whole, maybe ship it
out of the country.  If so then maybe you would like it back, but
depending on how they handled it it might not be the same.

YMMV, of course.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com