Re: Ignition wire originality question

To: spamiam@comcast.net, tr3driver@comcast.net, frede.thomas2@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Ignition wire originality question
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:15:38 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Regarding "bumblebee" wires (which were a popular Lucas accessory) and
"replacement" distributor caps without the Lucas name on them, I think these
sections of the VTR Concours Rules cover the situation:

3.6 ASPECTS OF JUDGING:
3.6.1 PERIOD ACCESSORIES: Accessories which were available to the  owner
during the period when the car was current shall not be a cause for a
deduction
and shall not be considered modifications. This includes modern  radios if
installed in a period mount.
3.6.2 REPLACEMENT PARTS: Replacement and/or reproduction parts  abound for
Triumphs. No deduction shall be taken for replacement parts unless  they differ
significantly in appearance or material from the original. In such  case the
deduction shall be one-half of the deduction that would be taken if  the part
were missing.
_http://www.vtr.org/rules/concours.html_
(http://www.vtr.org/rules/concours.html)
In other words, either should be acceptable without deduction, in my
opinion. If the replacement distributor cap were molded in Ford blue, that
might be
a cause for concern.
NOTE: At worst, were I judging under these standards as I interpret them,
and someone else deemed them incorrect, it wouldn't affect scoring amongst
cars
in the same class, since those standards would be imposed on all the cars  in
that class.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President,  Member Services
and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The  Vintage Triumph Register