Re: TR3A Antenna Placement Options

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Antenna Placement Options
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:10:27 EDT
Many thanks to all for the great tips on antennas!

To tell the truth, I'm reluctant to poke a hole anywhere for the antenna, but
I'm about to tuck a CD/radio unit in the glovebox and some decent speakers on
the rear shelf, so I'm toying with having the radio operable.  I spent last
season with a cheapo cassettee boombox in the back seat, and I really did enjoy
listening to recorded music.  Now I'm looking to take the sonic quality up a
few notches, but I'm ambivalent on radio access.  It might prove to be too
much yakking for my taste.  I really tend to agree with Eric's comments about
the
sound of the engine and wind, but there are times when tunes sound just
perfect.  What I'd really appreciate is an antenna solution that was invisible
or
removable.  Perhaps Eric's picture of the "bucket o'sound" is just the ticket!

Many thanks to FT for delivering the Radiomobile installation instruction
sheet!

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A (Antenna-less for the moment)