RE: TR3A Antenna Placement Options

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Antenna Placement Options
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:37:30 -0700
> One thing to consider - if you use a car cover, you will need to make
> adjustments because of an antenna.  If you place a grommet or something
> in the cover where the antenna is, one of two things might happen.
> 1) the grommet will mess up the finish if it comes in contact with the
> paint
> 2) the movement of the cover could cause it to tear where the grommet is
> placed

For that reason, IMO it's much better to use a fully retractable antenna.

Mine is in the passenger's side fender/wing, just slightly behind the rear
of the hood/bonnet and slightly outboard of center of the wing at that
point.  Looks like the windshield frame would interfere with reception, but
in practice it doesn't seem to make any difference.

However, I suspect my antenna was added after the car left the dealers.

Randall