RE: TR3A Antenna Placement Options

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: TR3A Antenna Placement Options
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:05:54 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I have a  picture of the "original" Casper taken in 1957, which shows
the antenna just forward of where Randall describes...about where the
hood line intersects the wing.  This  was a dealer installed option,
I know, I got this car direct from the dealer...
I can send the  picture if you really need it...

>Mine is in the passenger's side fender/wing, just slightly behind the rear
>of the hood/bonnet and slightly outboard of center of the wing at that
>point.  Looks like the windshield frame would interfere with reception, but
>in practice it doesn't seem to make any difference.
>
>However, I suspect my antenna was added after the car left the dealers.

Randall
--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3