RE: traffic cops; no LBC whatsoever

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: traffic cops; no LBC whatsoever
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:44:53 -0800
> Whatever I may think of some of the traffic policeman we have here in
> England, I am grateful as hell that I live in a country where the worst
> thing they can do to me is give me a ticket, rather than a spare navel.

We're getting dangerously far afield here, and I really don't want to debate
the topic ... but frankly I would much rather live in a country where a
policeman can do more than just blow his whistle and yell "STOP ... or I'll
blow my whistle again".

The US is no longer even in the top 10 for violent crime rate among
industrialized nations, while last I heard it was almost 3 times higher for
England and Wales ...

And yes, I've had the unpleasant experience of having an officer draw his
weapon during a traffic stop (and point it in my ear !) ... I'd still rather
have armed police.

Guess it's a good thing you live there, and I live here !
Randall