Re: Fred's driving

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fred's driving
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 06:15:33 -0000
In the British Isles we have countless roundabouts.

For instance I drive 5 miles to my place of work every morning in what is
considered a rural area. I negotiate 6, yes 6, roundabouts. Lord help those
of us that live in the Cities.

In Spain they have a wonderful idea, many roundabouts  are painted white
lines onto the tarmac. Great idea and no doubt cost effective until the sun
comes out and the tar surface softens, the lines disappear!

In UK we have to give way to traffic on the roundabout. In Spain it was the
opposite. Now part of the E U Spain in introducing the give way to traffic
on the rounabout idea. The consequence is that some are the old way some are
the new way. Makes for an interesting driving technique.

As for driving on the wrong side of the road I think we have Napoleon to
blame for that one.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O