RE: Fred's driving

To: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>, Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: Fred's driving
From: Scott Suhring <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:37:24 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Interesting that the topic of traffic circles came up from Fred's adventure
(Fred, so glad to hear you had a good time and that you got to spend some
time with John).  I saw on the news not too long ago that there is serious
consideration to try and get them used more in the US as a means to deal
with dangerous intersections (these would be targeted for the use of traffic
circles). Although there may be fender benders in traffic circles, they
don't get the violent collisions of the drunk or distracted driver that runs
a red light.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3

When I was over there in the USAF, I didn't have any problem getting
myself tuned in to driving on the left side, as long as I was going
forward.  When I was backing up, however, it was a completely different
matter.  One has to force himself to remember which side of the road to
back into.

Roundabouts weren't much problem since there were 2 of them in Lubbock,
TX where I went to College.  The rules are the same except that you
enter them on the left rather than the right.  There still is one of
those things in Long Beach, CA.  So anyone needing practice, can go
there!  :)

Joe