Re: Car shows- slight rant

To: DShoop7572@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car shows- slight rant
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 20:05:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dave:

Having played both sides of the fence, a insanely detail Tiger resto and
a bunch of driver cars, I 'd have to say this:
drive what you like!
  I'd rather spent  my time enjoying a sunny day driving primered up LBC
than detailing a garage queen.
I remember being at the Shelby American Club meet at Limerock a few
years ago. There was no lack of clean room Cobra resto's at this show. I
thought the best car there was a unrestored 427 Cobra that a guy had
driven up from Long Island. The car had a butt load of dents, worn
interior, and sand starred windscreen. He drove the Cobra home, the
other guys put on their white gloves and pushed theirs onto climate
controlled trailers. You decide who had more fun!

Paul