Re: Coming down

To: "INTERNET:GreenBugeye@aol.com" <GreenBugeye@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Coming down
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:16:14 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>, "[unknown]" <spitlist@gte.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:GreenBugeye@aol.com
>We all know that we'd be better off 50 years from now if we upped the
price
of gas and again started building and relying on nuclear power, but as the
politicians know, voters don't like to make sacrifices.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
<

And built mass transit instead of highways.  And invested in mutual funds
instead of buying British cars.  We all sacrifice long term goals for
shorter ones.  Wisdom comes in in helping select which ones and how many.
It has been said "take care of the short term and the long term will take
care of itself."  This is the kind of logic that finds you at the dead ends
of life.  But since every politician is focused solely on the next election
long term planning is not high on the agenda.

Take care of the short term and the long term will rise up and bite you in
the

end

Dave