Re: Coming down

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coming down
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:43:14 +0100
Hi John
A friend of mine locally has fitted a Sherpa diesel to his Dolomite, says he
had no trouble with the installation but a fair bit with the exhaust system.
Not my idea of a fun car to drive, (you can hear it before you see it) but
whatever rings your bells! I like the notion that someone on the list came
up with of fitting a servo in place of the bellows on the Lucas unit and
driving it with a computer.Who was that? I have a spare metering unit now
and would like to try it, the mechanical side would be a dodle, but I
wouldn't have the first idea about the drive circuit, software etc.
Any one got the other half of the requisite skills like to have a go, would
it be driven by vacuum sensing as original or potentiometers and sensors on
the throttle and crank etc!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon (I feel sure it could be more economic)
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.