Re: Coming down

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coming down
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:08:09 +0200
Date sent:              Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:22:01 -0400
From:                   David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
To:                     "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Copies to:              "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Send reply to:          David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>

Message text written by "John Macartney"
>Today I had the low fuel warning light on in CG for rather longer than
I felt was sensible. Arriving at my local filling station, I threw
financial caution to the winds, stuck an asbestos cheque book between
my teeth, pulled out my water cooled pen and inserted one nozzle in
one tank. The fill up was 13.5 gallons (imp) and $70 is now in process
from one account to another.
<

13.5 gal (Imp) equals 16.9 gal (US).  That works out to $4.15 per gallon.
We in the states forget how much better we have it than our bretheren in
the old country.  They, fortunately, do not have as far to go.

Dave
Upper Lowlands, US