Re: Fuel Leak...again!

Subject: Re: Fuel Leak...again!
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 21:15:24 -0500
Speaking of fuel line shut off. My three has one of the original
brass shut off valves that fits before the pump. It has the top tap
that you pull up to allow fuel to flow and then twist and push
down to shut off the fuel flow (I thinks I have the order correct).

Anyway.  With it bead blasted and looking like new, I find it difficult
to believe that it would stay in the "open" position with all the
bumps and jiggles of the 3 driving down the road. Do they hold
their open position better with the fuel pressure from the fuel
running through the devise or are they prone to shut off after hitting
a nice bump in the road.  Any opinions as to installing this when
I get to that part or to leave it off?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA