Re: Fuel Leak...again!

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Leak...again!
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 17:38:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill,

What is the condition of the gasket? If it is a cork and dry, it may not
be making the necessary seal. Is the screen in the correct position?
Sometimes the screen moves and gets in the way of the cork gasket. Using
the correct gasket, the bowl should seal just by tightening the thumb
screw with your hand.

I currently use a rubber gasket I found somewhere in my fuel parts box. I
have been trying to get another but all the big 3 supply is cork. This
rubber gasket seals fine. I just hope it doesn't get old too fast.

Also check for dirt or some other foreign material on the pump base where
the gasket and glass bowl mate.

Good Luck,

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A