RE: Moss Quality

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Moss Quality
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 00 07:30:17 -0700
>BTW  I recently had a Moss vs. TRF interior kit comparison and
>the quality of the Moss kit was good... but the TRF kit was
>noticeably better and spot on for originality.

As a data point - My Moss interior kit is about 9 years old and I'm
having problems with their glue giving up on the door panels. This
started when the kit was about 7 years old.

>TRF is THE best source for TR parts...  I just wish like crazy
>that they were out of there problems so the availability was
>better.

It looks like the Inn fiasco left Charles with a large debt that the
parts business needs to pay off.  I Hope Charles can do it in such a way
as to keep TRF afloat then rebuild his parts business.

I know TRF looses much of my business because they never put out a TR3
parts catalogue (kinda sad since they ARE a mail order house).  Often I
will buy from Moss just because I can find the part in their catalogue
and I don't want to spend  lot of time trying to describe the thingie I
want to a RF sales person who knows TR6's real well and has maybe seen a
TR3 in a parking lot once.  It boils down to the ease of the ordering
process.  It is a lot easier to order from Moss and by using their
catalogue I'm confident that the sales person and I are refering to the
same part.

TRF would get more of my business if I could only figure out what parts
they had and could easily describe what I want to the sales person.  But
I've been begging Chares for a TR3 catalogue for over 15 years now.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.