Re[2]: Battery peculiarities question

To: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>, Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: Battery peculiarities question
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:04:19 -0400
Cc: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The same thing goes for the trickle charger (called in the catalog "Mitty Mite
On-Board Battery Charger")that they will happily sell to you for $49.95.  If you
look closely it's a Schumacher brand charger and you can get the exact same one
at Walmart for $24.95.  I guess I don't mind them making a buck, especially on
parts that no one else is willingly to mess with, but a 100% mark-up plus
shipping is excessive.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446
66TR4A CTC57806

Alan Meyers wrote:

However, over last weekend I was in a local auto parts store where thy
have them on display. I asked about the price and, when I was told $119,
immediately ran home, got my 13 yr old cheapo battery out of the TR and
went back to make a trade.

So check around locally before you pay via $175 mail order, plus
shipping & handling of a 38 lb. battery!