RE: Battery peculiarities question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Battery peculiarities question
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:05:57 -0400
John,

While this probably doesn't apply to a few of the listers, my solution to
this problem seems to work quite well.

I have one car battery for all my toys. In driving season, the battery
lives in the TR3B. When the driving season is over, the battery goes into
the snow plow truck. At the end of the snow season the battery goes back
into the TR.

I think another thing that helps the longevity in batteries is to never
drain them by excessive cranking. Deep cycling of car batteries is never good.

If my plow truck doesn't want to start in 20 degree F weather, rather than
continuing to crank until the battery runs down, I resort to a shot of
starting fluid. Works every time. The TR never needs starting fluid... That
is what the long hill I call my driveway is for! Not to mention the tractor
to pull them back up when I forget to hook up the coil wire.  ;-)

John Cowan wrote:
>   This seems to have been the year to learn about automobile batteries.
>Because we often don't run our cars for months at a time, their batteries
>tend to deteriorate faster than they would if they were continuously kept
>fully charged.
snip
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/