Battery peculiarities question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery peculiarities question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 00:06:31 -0700
   This seems to have been the year to learn about automobile batteries.
Because we often don't run our cars for months at a time, their batteries
tend to deteriorate faster than they would if they were continuously kept
fully charged.  I lost two idle batteries this year to "sulphating" and
revived another with rejuvenator fluid I got at the friendly neighborhood
car store.
   Can anyone recommend a brand of battery with longer shelf life in the
car, one that might not be so susceptible to deterioration.  Or what can we
do to prolong the life of an irregularly used battery?
    Thanks.
John Cowan

BTW The voltage regulator on my son's car went bad and he completely
drained a brand new battery.  It's now unrechargeable - deader than a
doornail.

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan