RE: Re: TR4 broken clutch tapered pin

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re: TR4 broken clutch tapered pin
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:27:39 -0800
Oops.  I meant to say that Ken's article appeared in the Triumph Tribune
(newsletter for the Triumph Register of Southern California), not the
Standard (newsletter for the Southern California Triumph Owners
Association).

To get a copy, write to :
TRSC Regalia
c/o Dick Ames
27301 Via Rioja
Mission Viejo, CA 92691

Current price is $15, proceeds benefit the club.

- Randall

On Friday, February 19, 1999 5:44 PM, Randall Young
[SMTP:randallyoung@earthlink.net] wrote:
> Pete :
>
> Judging by the diagram supplied by Ken Gillanders at British Frame and
Engine, there is no boss for the bolt.  You simply drill a hole through the
body of the fork, and the shaft, at roughly right angles to the old pin.
 According to Ken, it can even be done on the car, if you're desperate
enough.

> Ken works with people that do a lot of vintage racing with TR's, and says
he's never seen anyone break the bolt solution ... and frankly, it looks to
me like the shaft would have to break before the bolt does.

> I've never had the problem personally, but it does seem to be common
among the racers.

> Ken's article appeared in the Triumph Standard several years ago.  Our
local club sells a collection of reprints with many similar articles.  If
you want, I could probably try to locate a copy of it for you.