Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vandervell...

To: Rengrave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vandervell...
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 09:46:25 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 Rengrave@aol.com wrote:

> Bob,

Hi.

> Thanks for the advice, but you said:
>
> All the cores that I have are "early
> style", and apparently do not flow as well as the "later style". The $80
> is worth it, after the bazillion bucks worth of crank preparation.
>
> The internal kit I bought is for this early style I think, the aluminum body
> pump with the round sump screen. How much better is the later model pump (1974
> on)?

That's the later style. The early style has a cast pickup with a
rectangular oil pickup that is someting like 2.5 inches by .75 inches.

> Now you have got me wondering if I made the right move, or should I go for the
> later model pump?

Use what you got. It's the right one. As a point of information, all the
new or rebuilt pumps that you could get were the later style... it's a
better design.

> Wayne from Massachusetts
> 1973 TR6  Mallard/New Tan
> (Anxiously awaiting high oil pressure this driving season)

You'll "see" the differnce!

Bye,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |