Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vandervell...

To: lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vandervell...
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 00:25:31 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I just received my Main & Rod Bearings in the mail today, AE Glacier brand.
The interior surface is silver not copper colored, does this mean that
Aluminum is the material?, are these good bearings?

My Oil Pump internals were ordered last Saturday, I expect them in any day
now. My Pump was within spec with the Haynes Manual, but the ridges (which I
have heard were normal wear) bothered me, so I ordered the internal kit from
BPNW for $35. I am also going to sand the end plate per the advice of BPNW and
other listers.

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6  Mallard/New Tan