RE: TR6 wiring help please !!

To: "'Mark S. Lepore, M.D.'" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 wiring help please !!
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:42:50 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I would suggest that it won't let you read volts at the rheostat because
there are none.  Try making a temporary jumper wire from the red side of the
fuse block to the red side of the rheostat.  If it comes alive, the red wire
is broken between the fuse block and the rheostat, probably at the dividing
connector.  If that brings it alive try jumping from the red at the fuse
block to the red that goes to the rheostat from the bullet connector, if no
go then jumper from the bullet connector to the rheostat.  This way you will
isolate which section of red wire is bad.  If your rear marker lights don't
work, its the red from the fuse to the bullet connector, if the rear markers
do work, it'll be the bullet connector to the rheostat thats bad.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com   non illegitimus carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK