Re: Air Filter questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air Filter questions
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 11:55:37 PST
I live in the high desert area of california, and i'll tell you right
now, that if sand has a place to enter it will up here.  the wind blows
hard almost every afternoon to the point of not being able to do
anything outside till about 5 30 in the afternoon during the summer.  i
end up with sand in what should be sealed areas of the air filter.  the
hose leading to the front of the car has a 80 mesh screen on it,
everything else is sealed with either a gasket or hose clamp, including
the pre-heater hose, and a week after you wash everything out, there's
about 2 tablespoons of SAND yes larger than 80 mesh in the air cleaner
pan, how it get's in there i have no idea.

just my experience