A little overboard on heads...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A little overboard on heads...
From: Scott.Mackay@SEMATECH.Org
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 13:49:55 -0600

     Hi again,

     With a little help from Ashley Southgate (NEW ZEALND) and Brian Kemp
     (??), I've learned a lot and am starting to piece together the
     cylinder head numbering question.

     I think I've compiled the (complete?) list for the types of TR series
     cylinder heads, but need your help to fill in the details.  Below is
     all of the flavors of heads that I can come up with, based on:

     commission/engine number,          e.g.,   CC82180UE
     head part numbers (TRF),                   520868
     head casting numbers,                      312388
     stamped numbers on the head,               218227
     thickness (stock),                         3.546 in
     compression ratio (stock),                 7.75:1
     # of valve springs,                        1 ea
     exhaust valve size,                        32 mm
     EGR port,                                  no
     intake port spacing,                       later carb
     etc.

     If some those of you on the list can provide the above information on
     any of the head flavors below FROM KNOWN VINTAGE MOTORS/CARS, I'll
     build the table and submit it to (name) to be posted on the VTR site.
     If there is some other info that I'm missing, let me know and I'll
     include it.  I'll include 2000/2500 salons, GT6 and others of the same
     configuration.  Also, if I'm all wet here, and someone has already
     done this, let me know too and I'll shut up!

     Remember, the goal here is to have a lookup sheet to ID that lonely
     head over in the corner of the shop.  Thus I really want info on KNOWN
     motors/cars

     Thanks for all of the help.

     Scott Mackay
     Austin, TX USA

     PI models                          US Carb models
     67-68 '5   <CP3096                 67-68 250  <CD8594
     69-71 '6   <CP75000                69-71 '6   <CC75000
     72 '6      CP75001 - CR1           72 '6      CC75001 - CF1
     73 '6      CR1 - CR5000            73 '6      CF1 - CF12500
     74-75 '6   >CR5000                 74-76 '6   >CF12501

     Also:
     non US Carb models

     Police cars???? (check the TRF catalogue!)

     GT6

     2.5/2000/2500