Re: Air Filter questions

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Air Filter questions
From: Robert Rudolphi <robertr@digex.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 22:14:56 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have been running K&N filters on my TR-6 and am really happy with the
performance of the filters. I just bought a new Taurus wagon and since I
usually keep a car for at least 10 years was looking to replace the air
filter with K&N,s. I was surprised to read a sticker on the air box that
stated "only use paper air filter elements. The use of oil impregnated
filters will void the factory warranty." Any one have any ideas why, I find
it hard to believe it was a greed issue because it didn't specify Ford
filters just paper.