Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:13:46 -0800
>Before I embarrass myself publicly (not that THAT has ever happened ;-) ),
>let me ask -- isn't caster also adjustable via shims under the "inboard"
>mount of the suspension turret? Know which one I mean?
***********************************
Well Andy, I *suppose* you could, but you know, I don't have ANY shims
under the suspension turrets on any of my cars, (and the factory may have
done just that)  I Must have really straight frames :-)  AT any rate, It
would seem much simpler (easier to get at) to use the A-arm shims, and as a
last resort, use the turret shims.
(I do have suspension shims under the engine mounts, but thats another
adjustment altogether)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )