Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here

To: <Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here
From: "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 12:55:12 -0500
When you add the shims the toe-in will change also so you will have to do a
complete alignment. Check the VTR pages for a home method if you want to
try it yourself. I haven't done this yet but will in the future. My guess
is that you will get within fractions of the spec's. Also check what spec's
your are adjusting to...ladened or unladened. I don't have the details here
(they are at home) but there is a difference by at least a degree.
BTW, I added about 1/4" a shimming to get mine to zero. The toe-in changed
dramatically (e.g. 10 degrees???).

> From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: The Spitfire Shims Are Here
> Date: Monday, October 27, 1997 5:42 AM
>

> My latest Spitfire parts care package includes a pair of supplementary
A-arm shims,