Degreasers (was TR6)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Degreasers (was TR6)
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 27 Oct 97 11:03:09
John Suchak wrote:

>>I've had amazing results with a product called "Coastal Super
Degreaser", a sharp smelling purple liquid that you spray on, brush
around and hose off.  Absolutely EATS all traces of grease.  I buy it in
5 gallon jugs at my local auto parts store.  Most of the "Purple Power"
type degreasers are similar.  It may be urban legend, but for some
reason I'm thinking it was originally intended as a wax stripper for
floor buffing (????)

I've never been a big fan of Gunk aerosol type cleaners.<<

I have not tried this product, but *Gunk* is exactly that -- environmentally
horrific, and ineffective to boot.  Spray it on, and half an hour
later, presto ... no-chango!  Your engine is still dirty.  Great.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6