Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here

To: carbuff@scooter.net
Subject: Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 29 Oct 97 8:33:53
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Atwell (the Buffster) Haines wrote:

>>Some positive camber is called for in the alignment specs.   Any
repercussions from setting the camber to zero?

Anyone else with different alignment specs for a STREET Spitfire care to
add their 2 cents?<<

The PO of my GT6 reduced the front camber to zero to reduce tire wear.
As for the difference between the way it handles, I can*t say I notice the
difference between it and my positively-cambered Spitfire, but then again,
I don*t push the GT6 hard around corners.  (It just takes me faster in
straight lines ...)

But the last time we broached this subject here, there was some indecision as
to the
reason for the front end camber to begin with.  I can*t say I have had anyone
tell
me why it*s there -- some will say it ought to be negative for improved
handling ...
not positive.

--
Martin Secrest