Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:05:53 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:

> My latest Spitfire parts care package includes a pair of supplementary A-arm
>shims,
> which I want to install to reduce the positive camber on the front wheels.
>Should I
> farm this out to my local alignment house, or is it simple enough to take on
>myself?
> I presume a  realignment will be necessary regardless of who installs the
>shims?
>
> Also, has anyone found a good price on a Pertronix for a GT6?
>
> --
> Martin Secrest
> 74 Spitfire
> 73 GT6

Martin,

That is something best left to those who have the proper tools to ensure
it is done right.  I had the front end of my Spit aligned after
restoration and it cost around $50.00.  Well worth the cost to keep
those expensive treads from wearing out.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit (Pirelli P44's but still no doors)