Re: TR6 clutch problems

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch problems
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 14:07:18 EDT
>>The clutch has been a constant source or problems. The most common problem
>> is that it does not disengage completely
>>leaving it difficult to get in first second and reverse gear. Any ware in
>>the system and it becomes impossible to obtain those gears.

>mechanical linkage.  So my cure to this was to remove the clutch pedal from the
>car and weld up the hole where the clevis pin locates the clutch fork that
>comes from the master cylinder.  This hole had elongated quite a bit and was
>'loosing' some of the movement provided by the pedal(does that last bit make
>sense).  Anyway, I re-drilled this hole and refitted the pedal and now I have
>no problems with the gear change, Just a thought anyway.

        I got noticably more clutch travel and reduced problems by just
replacing the clevis pin.  Mine had NASTY grooves worn in it, maybe .03-.05"
deep.  This helped.  The hole is a bit elongated and also the bushings at
the top are worn, but I got enough travel back with the clevis, which is
easy, quick and cheap.  I did get new bushings for whenever I get a round
tuit for pulling the pedal box. :-)  I keep the old clevis in my office as
a conversation item.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com