Re: "HELP" non lbc

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "HELP" non lbc
From: "Mike Welch" <mike@componentscience.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:39:43 -0600
You should get Lavasoft's Ad-aware 6.0 from
http://lavasoft.element5.com/software/adaware/.  It's free and very
effective.  That will take care of the adware and other scumware.  I have
mine set up to run each time I login, and my system stay pretty clean.
Adaware is one of the first things I install when helping friends with their
computers, it usually finds about 100 scumware traces the first time it's
used (the highest I've found was about 650).
PopUp Killer is now defunct (the one with the gun sound), the person who
wrote it moved on to other things.  It's still a pretty good program if you
can find it.  Google's toolbar is just as effective
(http://toolbar.google.com/), and it gives you some other features (such as
searching from the toolbar)
Adaware and the Google toolbar are both free.

Mike Welch
Software developer
IT Manager
System maintainer