Re: Exhaust questions: paste, wrap, needles

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust questions: paste, wrap, needles
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:02:37 -0700 (MST)
I don't know about you guys, but I slop anti seize compound
all over everything when I put an exhaust system together.
It's a thick silver colored paste, molybdenum based, I think.
Dave

>1) What does "assembly" paste do? Is it worth using?

I assume you mean that exhaust jointing compound in a tube. I got a tube
of Unipart silicate white stuff with my system from Rimmers. It seals
the joints but makes it hard to get it apart again, like when I pulled
the differential. I could not get the back section free and had to take
it apart at the front box.