Re: Going topless - but where do the windows go?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going topless - but where do the windows go?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:54:28 +0000
In article <590401c1be1d$c2a7a420$2900740a@cableone.net>,
ralemen@cableone.net writes
>Or a hard top with good seals.

I had to fit all new seals to my hardtop, as it came without any at all.
I haven't had a single leak all winter.   I suspect BL intended you to
use the hard-top when it rained.   I have a copy of an advert from about
1977 as follows:

                        THE TRIUMPH SPITFIRE

             <pic of lime green Spit with the top down>

                          April - October

                FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ONLY HALF CONVINCED
                   ABOUT THE JOYS OF OPEN MOTORING

  <pic of same Spit with the hard-top on, and the rain lashing down>

                          October - April

(BTW, if anyone owns Spitfire registration number OOE 845S, that's the
one that was used in the ad.)

>Hardtop comes off this weekend!

You can't be serious!   (Or you can't be in the UK at the moment...)

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"