Re: Going topless - but where do the windows go?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going topless - but where do the windows go?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:15:36 +0000
In article <20020225134718.95622.qmail@web9606.mail.yahoo.com>, John
Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>I think I'll disagree with you here Mike.  I believe that the flaps
>actually go on the inside.

You're not disagreeing - you're agreeing!   Flaps on the inside, window
on the outside.

>  If you have a well fitting soft-top and
>window then there should be a lip just above the wound up window to drain
>the rain away.

True - but there is a tiny gap at the very top corner of the window,
where the corners of the door seal, soft-top and window meet, which is
where water seems to come in (at least on Carly).

>Practically though, in wet weather, it makes much more sense to have the
>flaps on the outside if you don't like sitting in a puddle and getting
>electric shocks from the gear stick becuase it's so wet...

I've never tried this - I would have thought that although it would help
prevent water coming in, it would get *very* drafty, given that there
would be nothing holding the edges of the soft-top in place.   And of
course, you'd want to remember that you'd done this before you tried to
open the door with the window wound up...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"