Re: Soggy Trousers

To: Spitfires Digest <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soggy Trousers
From: LT <llst@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:29:55 -0700
Richard B Gosling wrote:
"I am still interested in  hearing anyone describe the windscreen
replacement procedure, so I can see if  I think I can do it."

I think that there must be a Churchill tool that is used to remove the
windscreen frame. Can anyone describe it?
Anyway, I just pulled the windscreen frame on my MK3 body and it
actually came out quite easily. You remove the two 1/2 inch nuts on
either side and the three windscreen/tonneau cover hold down bolts on
the dash and it's ready to pull out. The only thing you have to watch
for would be a rusted connection on the two side support brackets. Apply
some penetrating oil and then you could probably tighten up the nut to
break the bond. I undid the nuts until they were flush with the end of
the shaft and used a hammer to drive the frame up.

I would consider this to be a 1 beer task.

Larry Ternowski
Surrey BC