Re: Soggy Trousers

To: llst <llst@telus.net>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soggy Trousers
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2000 03:21:10 -0500
Larry,

Thanks for that.  I am actually interested in removing the windscreen from the
 frame, not the frame from the car, so that I can replace the windscreen seal,
 to avoid the leaks I am currently getting.

In any case, Daffy is a 1500, which has a windscreen frame welded into the
 structure of the tub - it is not a simple a job as it is with the round-tail
 Spits!

So, who has actually removed and replaced a windscreen (without breaking it!)?
 Easy?  Special tools?  Special tips/tricks?  Anything I should watch out for
 or avoid?

Richard and Daffy