Re: MK II Rear Window Seal

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: MK II Rear Window Seal
From: "Philip Johnson" <spitfire.man@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:12:36 +0100
Jeff,

Yes it can, but the cross section of the seal is a bit big, and looks it
when fitted. The TR4/4A/5/250 surrey top window seal is a smaller cross
section, and I presume that the TR3 hardtop seal also is. Also, to get it to
fit as best as possible, it is best to use the corners for the corners of
the glass, and in the case of the windscreen/windshield seal, this requires
four joins in the rubber.

I did try a windscreen/windshield rubber in my hardtop, but thought it
looked too big, and had a bit of a job getting all the joins to seal and
stay together.

Regards
==
Phil Johnson
Coventry UK
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
77 TR7 ACG10378A Ongoing Sprint Conversion