Re: MK II Rear Window Seal

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MK II Rear Window Seal
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:22:50 +0100
I can't confirm for sure but I think when they rebuilt Baby Blue the garage
used a MkIV seal. After twice ordering a MkIII seal from Rimmers & twice
receiving a MkIV one they finally asked the question and found that what
they wanted wasn't available. It was 2 years ago now but I've just checked
through my old bills and it seems that somehow they made use of the MkIV
seal by cutting it to fit. Is this likely or was the MkIV seal a different
profile to the MkIII one?

One other thought. Having just looked in the Rimmers catalogue trying to
refresh my memory I see they're offering a GRP MkIII hard top complete with
rear window fitted. If someone's fitting the
rear glass to these surely that means that particular someone has a source
of the correct seals??

Suzie