Re: MK II Rear Window Seal

To: "Greg Thorsley" <Gregory.Thorsley@montage.ca>,
Subject: Re: MK II Rear Window Seal
From: "Philip Johnson" <spitfire.man@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 19:43:02 +0100

Greg,

I used a TR4/5 Surrey top rear window seal on my hardtop. The top and bottom
two curves in the rubber were about in the right place for the spitfire rear
screen. I cut two lengths out either side and glued the seal together with
superglue. Once fitted, it is hard to see the joints and is about the right
profile for the seal. Also when fitted, the chrome strip helps keep the
joins together. The rear screen seal was never that good a fit and I would
recommend using some of that black none setting windscreen sealant in the
glass channel and under the seal where it touches the hardtop.

Regards
==
Phil Johnson
Coventry UK
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
77 TR7 ACG10378A Ongoing Sprint Conversion